AfterShock Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Hi
WWDC live! EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:44 pm by Michael

» injury of the day
WWDC live! EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:49 pm by Michael

» Tut: How to embed flash videos (Youtube & Dailymotion)
WWDC live! EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:48 pm by Michael

» Your weekly funny picture.
WWDC live! EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:46 pm by Michael

» Happy Chocolate Chip Day!
WWDC live! EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:46 pm by Michael

» #ToonamisBackBitches
WWDC live! EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:43 pm by Michael

» Thinking About Centurylink?
WWDC live! EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:41 pm by Michael

» Maintenance 5/13/2012
WWDC live! EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:53 pm by Michael

» New Users!
WWDC live! EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:36 pm by Michael

WWDC live!

Go down

WWDC live! Empty WWDC live!

Post by Michael Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:58 am

Hey, we are doing Live coverage of WWDC here

"And all the rest of the family that just supports us in a thousand ways... awesome job. So this our new baby, I hope you love it as much as we do. Thank you very much."

"I put up this slide a little earlier this year. It represents what Apple is all about. We're not just a tech company. Apple is more than that. It's tech and humanity. It's the hardware and the software working together. It's not just a great new camera system, it's the editing too, it's not just a front-facing camera, it's that plus 18 months of work on the software side. It's the complete solution, so all of us don't have to be system integrators."

"I put up this slide a little earlier this year. It represents what Apple is all about. We're not just a tech company. Apple is more than that. It's tech and humanity. It's the hardware and the software working together. It's not just a great new camera system, it's the editing too, it's not just a front-facing camera, it's that plus 18 months of work on the software side. It's the complete solution, so all of us don't have to be system integrators."

Ah... Jony Ive is pontificating! "This is so much more than just another product."

"So that is iPhone 4 and iOS 4. We have a video."

"We finally found a way to get them for free to our iPod touch users."

"Now there's some accessories. A Dock. We have a case -- we call it a Bunker."

"Now there's some accessories. A Dock. We have a case -- we call it a Bunker."

"Pre-orders start a week from tomorrow. And we're shipping in 5 countries. In July we're shipping in 18 more."

"So what's our lineup look like? 3GS is now $99. These go on sale June 24th."

"AT&T is going to make an incredibly generous upgrade offer. If your contract expires at any time in 2010, you can upgrade to the iPhone 4. You can get it up to six months early."

"Pricing -- there's two colors. White and black. Pricing -- $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB."

"So FaceTime... that's number 9. So that is the iPhone 4. We think it's the biggest leap we've taken since the original."

"Now it's based on a handful of standards... but this is going to be an open industry standard."

"The video and audio quality is great. Now it's going to be WiFi only in 2010. We need to work a little bit with the carriers..."

It's called FaceTime. WiFi only. iPhone 4 to iPhone 4. No setup.

"You know I grew up with the Jetsons... and video calls... and now it's real. What about you?" Jony: "I grew up with the same thing, and it's real now!" Steve: "It is real... especially when people turn off their WiFi." Jony: "We've had to wait an awful long time for this to become reality." Steve: "Okay, let's have lunch soon."

Whoa it froze up for a second. "Now it never freezes up... did you all turn off your WiFi?"

"So in 2007 when we launched the iPhone, it was my privilege to make a call to Jony Ive... and I'm going to do the same thing now." Boom, video call.

"So those are the eight things I wanted to share with you on iPhone 4. What do you think so far? I think it's a lot more than people thought it was. What do you think?" Big cheers.

"I think a lot of people are going to try and win the car. It's a great idea! We're going to turn on iAd on July 1st for all iOS 4 devices."

"So let me tell you some of the brands that will be advertising with us. Nissan, Citi, Unilever, AT&T, Chanel, GE, Liberty Mutual, State Farm, Geico, Campbells, Sears, JC Penny, Target, Best Buy, Direct TV, TBS, and Disney... those are some of the brands."

"And that is number seven. Number eight... iAds. Why are we doing iAds? To help our developers earn money.

"Now, iBooks has the iBookstore, and it joins iTunes and the App Store. We have 150 million accounts -- we think it's the biggest on the web. We're number one."

"We'll have it on the iPhone, the iPad, and the iPod touch. What can we do with these together? First, you can purchase and download a book. It will download wirelessly. You can download the same book to all your devices at no extra charge. Buy it on your iPad, download to your iPhone. And iBooks will automatically and wirelessly sync your current place, all your bookmarks, and all your notes." No extra charge? We'll take it.

"Same bookshelf to keep your books... PDF reader... we're really excited about this. And of course, the iBookstore right on your iPhone."

"Number seven -- iBooks. We are bringing it to the iPhone with the iPhone 4."

"Now there's another major miilestone we're about to hit. This month we will sell our 100 millionth iOS device. iPads, iPhones, iPod touch... there is definitely a market for your applications."

"It will be out soon."

GM candidate in devs hands today for iOS 4!

"Microsoft has done a great job on this. Check it out, it's kinda cool."

I wanted to hit on the enterprise stuff. Data protection, device management, multiple Exchange accounts... and on the consumer side, we have Google search and Yahoo!, and we're adding Bing." Whoa. Whoa.

"Its really really helpful. So that gives you a brief view of iOS 4."

"So boom, there's my four apps." Finally a "boom"!

"It makes it really easy to follow. Now I'd like to go back to the home screen, and I'm going to create a folder. All I have to do is hold my finger on an icon, and drag it onto another icon, so I will drag this sports app onto another sports app and it automatically names it."

"I'm gonna go back to mail... and I can swipe to the right and there's the audio controls for whatever audio app I'm using. And let me show you a few things in mail. You can see I have the unified inbox, and I've also got threading. I can see all of the messages in a single conversation."

"I'm going to play some music, now I'm going to check some mail. Now I'm going to go to webpage and fine out if we did turn off our WiFi devices." Yep. Huge applause.

"We've added folders, and a whole bunch of other things I won't have time to demo today, but I'd like to demo these few things."

"There are some big new features -- the first being multitasking. People said you weren't the first, but we figured it out. If you don't do it right, you kill the battery."
"And we're going to give it some metal!"

iOS 4!
"So number 6 -- iPhone OS 4. The most advanced mobile operating system in the world. First off, we're going to rename it."
Thanks 3G card!
Guess what -- we're not doing that.
He's asking people to set their laptops on the floor.
Oh my god. Jobs is asking everyone to turn off their network cards and MiFis!

"I think you're going to like it a lot. Before I begin number 6... our guys were running around like crazy backstage... we figured out why the demo crashed...." Oh no, they're turning off the Wifi!

"Isn't that awesome? So iMovie for iPhone... you'll be able to buy this for $4.99... if we approve it." Ha!

Steve is back.

"Thanks very much!"

Big applause for the video. It was pretty stunning.

Video recording looks amazing. The quality is extremely impressive.

"Here's a version at 720p, produced entirely on the phone."
Transitions automatically change when you switch themes.

Five different themes. Only five?

Automatically records geolocation then adds them into certain themes.

Transitions, titles... it's all here!

You can add photos, they automatically get the Ken Burns effect.

In the edit window you have a timeline along the bottom and your footage up top -- buttons dot the corners.

"Thanks very much. I've been doing this a long time. This year I had a chance to work on iMovie for iPhone, and it's one of the most exciting apps I've ever worked on. It's really amazing."

"I want to show it to you... I want to invite Randy Ubillos..."

"It's pretty remarkable, but we're going even further." iMovie for iPhone!

"We pioneered tap to focus, and we now have it for video... and we have one click sharing... and the LED flash will stay on for video recording. You can record, edit, and then with a few taps email it right on the phone."

720p at 30fps!

"So we're really happy. We think we have a great camera. But that's not all... because it also records HD video."

"The pictures we're taking are pretty remarkable. These haven't been touched in any way. It kills you what kind of quality you get. These were all taking by our employees, just culled some of the better ones I saw."

"In addition to that, when most people increase megapixels they make them smaller, but we've kept ours the same size. They don't capture less photons. 5x digital zoom, tap to focus, and we've got an LED flash."

Now everybody loves to talk about megapixels, but we tend to ask the question how do we make better pictures? Megapixels are nice, but what these cameras are really about is capturing photons and low light photography. So we've gone from 3 megapixel to 5 megapixel, but we're using a backside illuminated sensor."

"So that's number four. Number five: this is a great one. A whole new camera system."

"We're adding a 3 axis gyro, and we tied the gyro and accelerometer, compass, and gyro together for six axis. It's perfect for gaming."

"Number four, we have another new piece of hardware. We're adding a gyroscope."

Dual mics, 802.11n WiFi, GPS, compass, accelerometer.

Quad band HSDPA, 7.2Mbps

"And 300 hours of standby."

"Because we've been able to make the batter bigger and because the A4 is so good, we've improved the battery life. 7 hours of 3G talk, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of WiFi browsing, 10 hours of video, 40 hours of music

"It's the window into your apps, your media... into your content. And we have something that's the best window on the planet." Well, that's hyperbolic a touch.

"It makes it so your apps run automatically on this, but it renders your text and controls in the higher resolution. Your apps look even better, but if you do a little bit of work, then they will look stunning. So we suggest that you do that. So that is the Retina Display. Awesome text, awesome images, and awesome video. We think this will set the standard, and no one is going to come close."

"It's the window into your apps, your media... into your content. And we have something that's the best window on the planet." Well, that's hyperbolic a touch.

"It makes it so your apps run automatically on this, but it renders your text and controls in the higher resolution. Your apps look even better, but if you do a little bit of work, then they will look stunning. So we suggest that you do that. So that is the Retina Display. Awesome text, awesome images, and awesome video. We think this will set the standard, and no one is going to come close."

78% of the pixels on iPad.

3.5 inch display.

IPS technology -- "Quite a bit better than OLED."

800:1 contrast ration, 4x better than the 3GS

Bang! 960 x 640 display.

"Second one, this is a biggie. Something we call the Retina Display. What's that? In any display there are pixels. We dramtically increased the pixel density, Four times the amount."

"Second one, this is a biggie. Something we call the Retina Display. What's that? In any display there are pixels. We dramtically increased the pixel density, Four times the amount."

"It's the thinnest smartphone ever. Stainless steel, glass on the front and back. Extraordinary build quality. I don't think there's another consumer product like this. So this is our all new design for the iPhone 4. And that's the first one."

"Bottom, mic, top, headset jack, noise cancellation mic..."

"Here are the volume controls... we have a front facing camera, micro SIM tray, camera and LED flash on the back..."

"As a matter of fact, it is the thinnest smartphone on the planet."

"It is 24% thinner than the iPhone 3GS."

"You gotta see this in person. This is beyond the doubt, the most precise thing, and one of the most beautiful we've ever made. Glass on the front and back, and steel around the sides. It's like a beautiful old Leica camera."

"Now, this is really hot. There are over 100 new features, but I'm going to cover 8. The first one? An all new design."

"We're introducing iPhone 4."

"It started to change things. In 2008 we added 3G and the App Store, in 2009 the 3GS was twice as fast, and we added some other cool features like video... in 2010 we're going to take the biggest leap since the original iPhone."

"So let's get back to iPhone. In 2007 iPhone reinvented what we thought of as a smartphone. It's hard to remember what it was like. It was really different before the iPhone."

Steve jobs
"And that's what makes the app store the most vibrant on the planet. Not only for users but developers as well. Now I'd like to talk about the iPhone."

Steve Jobs
I have a few great pieces of info to share with you this morning. Last week we crossed 5b downloads. This next thing is my favorite stat of the whole show. You know we give 70% of revenue to developers. So how much have we paid? To date? Just a few days ago we crossed $1b." Wow, ha. A check made out to "developers" for a billion!

Karthik Bala
You can start rocking out today -- it's available in the app store for $2.99."

Oh goodness. There is air guitar happening on stage. And the music just got super loud! "You rock!" Big cheers for that.

"As you can see we have the obvious tapping mechanics. With the introduction of a new strumming mechanic, our team has made gameplay perfect."

"The game comes with classic rock from Queen and the Rolling Stones..."

"We developed a brand new experience for the iPhone and iPod touch..."

Steve jobs
"Next up, Activision. Karthik Bala is here to tell us about Guitar Hero."

Mark Pincus
Available end of June.

"Thanks, that's our game!"

Mark Pincus
"With Farmville on the iPhone, you'll be able to farm anytime, anywhere. But I'm most excited about how good tractoring just got."

"We now have withering crop push notifications." Big laughs.

In app purchases for the marketplace... if that's your thing. Ha! "Is that a Snow Leopard?" "It sure is, and it's only on the iPhone."

Mark Pincus
"Thank you for having us today. Today we're introducing 'Farming' for the iPhone. 'Farmville' is our most popular game, and we're excited to bring it to the most popular mobile platform in the world."

Mark Pincus
"That's great. Next up, zygna. Let me have them explain it."

Reed Hastings
"Netflix is taking advantage of Apple's adaptive bitrate technology. And it allows us to seamlessly switch between networks." Oh snap -- 3G is a go.

Reed Hastings
"We just launched Netflix for the iPad, and it's been a huge success. It's the #1 most downloaded in entertainment apps. But I'm happy to announce Netflix for iPhone coming this summer, for free."

Steve jobs
"So PDF viewing built right in. That enhancement will be out later this month. So that is my update for the iPad."

Steve jobs
"We're also adding PDF viewing in the app. We've put a selector right up top, you can select PDFs, you get a whole new bookshelf. They just look gorgeous."

Steve Jobs
"We're in 10 countries today, we'll be in 19 by July. So there are now 8500 iPad apps in the app store. It can run iPhone apps too. These 8500 apps have been downloaded over 35m times. That's about 17 apps per iPad that have already been downloaded. That's a great number. Let me show you a few."

Steve Jobs
"Publishers tell us that sales of there eBook sales are at 22% right now. 22% in iBooks. We're making some changes today -- notes, you can make notes right here, new bookmarks, and a new page displaying your notes and bookmarks."
Michael
Michael
Admin

Male Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://twitter.com/XShadowDreamerX

Back to top Go down