AfterShock Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Hi
[Review: Music] Theoretical Downfall - What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You (2010) EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:44 pm by Michael

» injury of the day
[Review: Music] Theoretical Downfall - What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You (2010) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:49 pm by Michael

» Tut: How to embed flash videos (Youtube & Dailymotion)
[Review: Music] Theoretical Downfall - What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You (2010) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:48 pm by Michael

» Your weekly funny picture.
[Review: Music] Theoretical Downfall - What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You (2010) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:46 pm by Michael

» Happy Chocolate Chip Day!
[Review: Music] Theoretical Downfall - What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You (2010) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:46 pm by Michael

» #ToonamisBackBitches
[Review: Music] Theoretical Downfall - What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You (2010) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:43 pm by Michael

» Thinking About Centurylink?
[Review: Music] Theoretical Downfall - What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You (2010) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:41 pm by Michael

» Maintenance 5/13/2012
[Review: Music] Theoretical Downfall - What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You (2010) EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:53 pm by Michael

» New Users!
[Review: Music] Theoretical Downfall - What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You (2010) EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:36 pm by Michael

[Review: Music] Theoretical Downfall - What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You (2010)

Go down

[Review: Music] Theoretical Downfall - What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You (2010) Empty [Review: Music] Theoretical Downfall - What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You (2010)

Post by Wolf named Koga Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:47 pm

[Review: Music] Theoretical Downfall - What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You (2010) Td_2_header1_21

Tracklisting:

1. Turn Out The Lights
2. No Excuses
3. It's Just The Start
4. Your Nightmare
5. What I Deserve
6. Forgive And Forget
7. The Middle Of Nothing
8. Underground
9. New Awakening
10. The Architect

Metalcore
MySpace
Downlaod

Band Members:
Tim - (Vocalist)
Alasdair - (Vocalist/Guitars)
Jordan - (Vocalist/Guitars)
Tank - Bass
Tom - Drums

Alright, today I will be reviewing Theoretical Downfall’s debut album “What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You”.

Seems I enjoy reviewing debut albums….interesting. Anyways, let’s get on with it shall we?
Going into this album I was uncertain on how I would react. I am a metalcore fan, though not the only thing I am a fan of, and was worried on how Theoretical Downfall would sound. Being metalcore means they have to stand out amongst the giants of the metalcore genre, bands like All That Remains, Trivium, As I Lay Dying, and August Burns Red, plus many others. It would truly take some sort of monumental accomplishment to truly be different.

All that being said, Theoretical Downfall does not really accomplish this. They do sound good, but they also sound similar to other bands. At times I wondered if the vocalist had listened to All Shall Perish and thought “I like the way he sounds”. In honestly Tim (the vocalist) really does sound like an All Shall Perish rip-off but not quite as good. This really isn’t that bad, but it does lead to the whole “I should be unique, but fuck it” mentality. Now they do benefit from having two other vocalist (Alasdair and Jordan) so that does give them good range of clean vocals and death growls. The problem is that even with this, the band still sounds like others.

As for the pure instrumental side of things, they are good. Nothing too outstanding, but they do sound good. This can be heard on many of tracks which have tons of breakdowns, guitar solos, and bass thumping goodness.

So, what is my overall opinion of Theoretical Downfall’s debut album? It is pretty mediocre. Nothing really stands as groundbreaking or even genre breaking. They really sound like they are just playing it safe to gain a fan base. Now, this does not mean they don’t have future. I really look forward to hearing more of their future work. My personal favorite and best example of what they can do would be the track “No Excuses”. If they keep up the work like that, I can see a great future for these guys.

I give this CD 3 Shocked out of 5 Shocked
Wolf named Koga
Wolf named Koga
Keeper of Rules & Wolves
Keeper of Rules & Wolves

Male Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://www.aftershockmedia.net/grcomics/

Back to top Go down