AfterShock Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Hi
[Review: Music] Solution .45 - For Aeons Past (2010) EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:44 pm by Michael

» injury of the day
[Review: Music] Solution .45 - For Aeons Past (2010) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:49 pm by Michael

» Tut: How to embed flash videos (Youtube & Dailymotion)
[Review: Music] Solution .45 - For Aeons Past (2010) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:48 pm by Michael

» Your weekly funny picture.
[Review: Music] Solution .45 - For Aeons Past (2010) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:46 pm by Michael

» Happy Chocolate Chip Day!
[Review: Music] Solution .45 - For Aeons Past (2010) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:46 pm by Michael

» #ToonamisBackBitches
[Review: Music] Solution .45 - For Aeons Past (2010) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:43 pm by Michael

» Thinking About Centurylink?
[Review: Music] Solution .45 - For Aeons Past (2010) EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:41 pm by Michael

» Maintenance 5/13/2012
[Review: Music] Solution .45 - For Aeons Past (2010) EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:53 pm by Michael

» New Users!
[Review: Music] Solution .45 - For Aeons Past (2010) EmptySun May 13, 2012 2:36 pm by Michael

[Review: Music] Solution .45 - For Aeons Past (2010)

Go down

[Review: Music] Solution .45 - For Aeons Past (2010) Empty [Review: Music] Solution .45 - For Aeons Past (2010)

Post by Wolf named Koga Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:35 pm

[Review: Music] Solution .45 - For Aeons Past (2010) 300_169202d1

1. "The Close Beyond"
2. "Gravitational Lensing"
3. "Through Night-Kingdomed Gates"
4. "For Aeons Past"
5. "Lethean Tears"
6. "Bladed Vaults"
7. "Wirethrone"
8. "On Embered Fields Adust"
9. "Into Shadow"
10. "Clandestinity Now"
11. "Spirit Side Dreaming (Japanese Bonus Track)

Melodic death metal
Progressive metal
Power metal

Myspace
Purchase (Europe only)

Band Listing:
Jani Stefanovic - Guitar
Christian Älvestam - Vocals
Tom Gardiner - Guitar
Anders Edlund - Bass
Rolf Pilve - Drums

Today I am reviewing Solution .45’s album For Aeons Past. Solution .45 is a metal supergroup from Sweden, created by Jani Stefanovic (Miseration and Essence of Sorrow) and includes former Scar Symmetry vocalist Christian Älvestam. Other members of Solution .45 include Tom Gardiner (Hateform), Anders Edlund (Angel Blake), and Rolf Pilve (Miseration, Essence of Sorrow). This is technically the first CD from this group so that makes this their debut album.

Alright, onto the review that you all have been waiting for!

Right so first things first, I love this album. No doubt about it this is a great album. In all honesty I have no real complaints to voice on this album other than it being their only one. I do believe this is a very good music matchup and it should have been done sooner.

I first heard of Solution .45 thanks to Demon Hunter. Christian Älvestam did some guest vocals on Demon Hunter’s CD The World is A Thorn, and this lead me to see what other work he had done. That lead to reading about Solution .45 and figuring I would check ‘em out when I could get the CD. It would seem like the wait was worth it. Christian brings a crazy amount of vocal range to this awesome metal effort. From the first to last track, his voice does everything a GREAT metal vocalist should do. It is because of this variety I salute Solution .45 on doing the amazing and being different.

Now, of course this isn’t just about Christian; no band should be about one member. So now we pan over to the other illustrious members of this band. I will admit I have no clue how these guys sound compared to their other bands, but here they make music gold. All guitar, drum, and bass work meld together to make a sound that just instantly has your head banging. All the music fits each song and is always fun to rock out to in public (I should know). All this makes for extraordinary music.

Simply put, this an outstanding CD that any fan of melodic death metal, progressive metal, or power metal NEEDS to check out. Also fans of the band members should definitely check this CD out.

Final Words:

ROCK THE FUCK ON!

Score: 5:shock: out of 5 Shocked
Wolf named Koga
Wolf named Koga
Keeper of Rules & Wolves
Keeper of Rules & Wolves

Male Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-11-04

http://www.aftershockmedia.net/grcomics/

Back to top Go down